Sunday 17 May 2009

What was lost is found!

Yesterday I lost some keys. Well today they are found. They were in a plastic bag of miscellaneous bits and pieces that I had taken with me to a home group meeting to play the memory game. (Everyone knows the game - items covered on a tray - remove cover and give people a minute to memorise as many as possible then recover the tray and people have to write a list of what was there) I had used this little bunch of keys and wonder of wonders I also found my library card in the bag too - that had been lost and I have been taking books out on my wife's card for several months!

We sang "All things Bright and Beautiful" in church this morning - I was reminded that the last time I sang it was at my Aunty Vera's funeral. She was a talented amateur artist and she asked for the following little verse to be read out at the crematorium. I don't know where it came from or who the author was but it was appropriate for her.

The wonder of the world
The beauty and the power,
The shapes of things,
their lights and shades
These I saw.
Look ye also, while life lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

chitika