Friday 25 May 2012

Prayer for the Queen's diamond jubilee by a child

Prayer from Millie

Dear God,
Hmmm…
as you know, the Queen, Elizabeth II
has been on the throne for 60 years now.
We’re contacting you
to tell you what we think when we celebrate.
We will be having a sort of a party-a festival to celebrate the on-the-throne anniversary.
It’s a long time. Almost a record. And that will be cool.
I wouldn’t fancy being Queen myself
So I say thank-you for the job she does
And hope she finds rest at the end of the day
when she comes home.
My grandpa once tried on her crown
when he was meant to be guarding it.
It was really heavy
So I ask that you give her strength
so she can carry what she needs to
thanks to you.
Amen



As found in the resource booklet published by Churches Together in Britain and Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

chitika