Wednesday 23 October 2013

Friends reunited

I left school almost forty years ago! Wow!  Where did all that time go? But last week I signed up to the "Friends Reunited" website. I have lost contact with everyone from my school days and I wondered what had happened to them.
It was very interesting to see how those folks who have joined the "Friends Reunited" website have described themselves and where they have ended up. Many are now scattered across Europe but quite a number are predictably clustered around the area we came from.
So now my curiosity is satisfied. 
It is important as I reflect on this exercise to remember that I do not know any of the people whose names I recognise. We were together a long time ago and I have had a full and happy family life with a whole new circle of friends. I guess that each one of them has had similar experiences. I cannot see me ever contacting any of them as we all have had such separate divergent lives. We have nothing in common except that forty years ago we sat in the same classroom for several hours a week. (We also had some good social times together as amongst other things we learned about the affects of alcohol!)  At that young age our memories can often seem clearer because they were stored by a much younger brain, uncluttered by the intervening lifetime of stuff.
We have those memories but the people I remember will all have changed and will not be the same today as the children I knew. 
My prying curiosity has been satisfied. However, I will leave my information up there on the website in the unlikely event that anyone, anywhere, ever wonders what happened to me!

Image courtesy of Grant Cochrane /FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

chitika