Tuesday 8 March 2016

Lent... the need to keep going


I started lent full of enthusiasm and commitment. This year I would keep going. This year I set myself some tasks that were good things to do. They were tasks that needed doing and they are tasks which I thought I could achieve.

Well we are now half way through lent and I am struggling. 

I promised to unclutter and I did some pretty good stuff in the first week but I seem to have come to a dead stop. My room is looking as cluttered as ever. Perhaps it is because I want to find a good home for everything that I am discarding rather than just tip it in the trash bin. Whatever the reason I have come to a stop.

And the other promise is that I would write a spiritually uplifting thought on my blog each day of Lent. I am thankful that Sundays do not count as being in lent as I have appreciated having one day off a week. But the writing of the blog has become a bit of a trial, and I don't seem to have inspiration.

So I stop and pray and reflect that life always is like this. We get to bits where the going gets tough and we are not as energetic and enthused as when we started and we are tempted to give up. But the big difference between people who succeed and those who don't is that some people give up when it gets hard where as the winners might not be the best but they are ones who stick it out to the end. I read about a marathon runner writing about his experience in a race. He described a point mid way through the race when his energy seemed to fail and he felt like giving up. He said he always got to this point but he had learnt that the only thing to do was to press on and the feeling would pass and then he could run on to the end and finish.  

If you feel your energy has run out and you can't complete what you started I suggest you say a prayer. Just ask for help! And then be prepared to receive the help that will be sent in whatever form and carry on!


Image courtesy of Vlado at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

chitika