Monday 17 January 2011

ND filters

Here is my new toy in action. I bought myself a ND (neutral density) filter for my camera with some money I was given at Christmas. So today, being the first day since Christmas when it has been mild, dry and snow and rain free I went along to the nearby Logie Burn with my tripod and tried out this gadget.
First problem - it makes the viewfinder very dark so it is hard to see what is there!
Second problem the exposure meter was giving readings I didn't believe so I set the camera to manual and experimented.
Well here is an example of what I did. It is too dark. It lacks sparkle. There are reflections that stop you seeing the colours in the rock.
But there is an exciting magic effect starting to emerge.
So that is my challenge for the next fine day.And perhaps I can put on a polarising filter too and get rid of the reflections!

I can see ethereal atmospheric promise here...

Next time perfection - I am aiming for no less than picture that makes people say wow when they see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

chitika