Thursday 4 June 2009

Prices - what value


I will not complain about things being expensive again.
I bought a cup of coffee in an ordinary cafe this morning and it cost £4.80..
Some of the folks I was with ordered a small bowl of soup for their lunch. It cost £15.00.
There was fish and chips on the menu and it was over £20.
This was not some swanky restaurant but a street cafe in Kristiansand Norway - this must be the most expensive country in Europe.
We next went to a sandwich shop and cheese and ham rolls were about £6 each.
What do we value. Is price the only measure of value that we recognise. How else can we value and prioritise?
But this is a beautiful place - I went on a boat trip through the archipelago of islands here today.
Now this trip was included in the conference fee but I wonder what it would have cost - and what would I have been prepared to pay? Makes you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment

chitika